HEPBURN WILDLIFE SHELTER
The Hepburn Wildlife Shelter is calling for reliable and caring volunteers from across the shire to help out with general duties at the shelter.
New volunteers begin with short shadow shifts and light duties, working under the guidance of experienced volunteers as they do their daily rounds.
The shelter operates 24 hours a day 365 days a year and we’re extremely grateful for volunteers who can work to a regular schedule with a general minimum of 3 hours per shift.
A Typical Volunteer Shift
While no two shifts at the shelter will ever be the same, there are regular duties that need to be performed on a daily basis.
- Sweeping, raking and cleaning animal habitats, pens and enclosures
- Refreshing feeders and clean drinking water
- Washing and drying bowls, towels & blankets
- Preparing special requirement food
- Washing & disinfecting bottles for infant animals
You can call the Wildlife Victoria emergency response line on (03) 8400 7300 between 6.40am and 7.30pm, 7 days a week.